Industrial Automation and Control Systems guarantee the correct and integrated performance of all devices and equipment in the industry with the proper functional logic. Output of sensors and switches installed in different parts of the mentioned industry are transmitted to the control panels by various cables which act as human central nervous system and then will be analyzed with available program included in each of these panels.
The final decision is transmitted to the MCC panels or steering circuits and commands are delivered to the devices via power cables.
Generally, Control Systems are classified as follows:
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
- (Emergency Shutdown System (ESD
- Fieldbus Control Systems (FCS)
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Fire and Gas Detection System(FGS)
- (PDCS) Power Distribution System
- (BMS) Building management system (BMS)